Thursday, March 22, 2012

The stagnation continues...

Here I sit, eating my side salad.  Twice in two days I have stopped at a McDonalds.  Not ideal sustenence, but lunch was required, and since my car is in the shop at the Sears at Bel Air Mall in Mobile, stretching the legs through the mall was better than walking to any surrounding restaurants, since it's been raining all day.  More importantly, it provides a power outlet and wifi access, so I can add to this blog.

Fortunately, if I'm going to be forced to have a down day, at least it's on a day that is rainy.  Unfortunately, it's going to cost me at least $396, and could increase, but it needs to be done.  The good news is that most of my suspension is fine.  The sway bar links are bad, but that's it for the suspension.  That combined with a loose brake caliper was causing the rattling noise.  It needs an alignment, and the rear wheel bearings also need to be replaced, and the differential is grinding, so hopefully it's just low on oil, or the cost could go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment