Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Car

Not the ideal vehicle for long trips, my 2002 Camaro SS is the vehicle I own, so it is the vehicle I will use.  I bought it new, and it currently has roughly 93k miles on it.  It has fresh oil, and brand new brakes.  The tires are Bridgestone RE760 with a decent amount of life (probably last the whole trip, but will likely need to be replaced shortly after).  Not my favorite tire out of the one's I've had on it, but they should work. 

It is slightly modified from the original spec, so it produces over 330hp and 380ft-lb of torque at the wheels (roughly 20% more than stock).  It averages about 18mpg on premium fuel (usually 93 octane).  Based on this mpg, at an assumed average cost of $4/gal, I estimate it will cost roughly $4.5k in gas for the trip.  Of course, this could vary, depending on the exact route taken and the constantly increasing cost of gas.

Taken from the parking lot of Weedon Island's Visitor Center

No comments:

Post a Comment