Sunday, March 4, 2012

Developing the Dream

Why would someone want to engage in such a long trip around the country, sleeping mostly in a tent, by themselves?  Good question!  After 17 years of working in retail (the last 10 of which were after graduating college with a degree in engineering), I decided it was time to do something different.  I quit my job with the intent of working temp jobs to figure out what type of career I would find satisfying. 

A friend of mine who lives halfway across the country (Minnesota) suggested I should pay him a visit, and the idea blossomed into driving there, and extending the route to encompass much of the country I had never seen.  Then I decided that if I was going to drive half of the country, I might as well drive the rest of the way around.  I figured, I have time and money and no obligations, and would love to explore the country, and this seemed like an opportune chance.  A little extreme, to be sure, but it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment