Sunday, March 18, 2012

Currently working on an update...

This will progressively change as I add new and fantastic things.  Stay tuned...

(I changed my mind - this post will remain as is for now, and I will endeavor to provide posts that follow my travells chronologically, unless I think it is something that should be posted sooner.  Bear with me - I go to many places and take many pictures, so I already have a huge backlog of posts I need to write.  Taking time to stop and rest while I am working or on vacation has never been natural for me, but I know it will be necessary to keep you all informed with regular updates.)

Map is updated.

Images are loaded to hard drive, but sorting through them takes time, and it's after midnight here. 

Though it wouldn't normally be the first thing I'd update (I tend to prefer chronological order for this sort of thing), I'm going to upload a sequence of shots taken at the Pensacola Naval Air Station Beach today.  I will get into more detail later, but chance had it that I went down to the beach while three Navy rescue swimmers were having a bit of fun jumping off a beacon tower in the water.  A few other people got in on the action, but one girl in particular had a hard time taking the leap.  I also had a hard time waiting for her to finally jump, and when she did, I had finally lowered the camera, so I didn't get as nice a shot as I would have liked, but I told her she would be able to find proof of her taking the proverbial and literal plunge, so here it is.









2 comments:

  1. great pictures from the day at the beach...glad we jumped...happy trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got more, but only wanted to put a few up. I've got a lot of other locations to write about and pictures to post before I get back to working on these shots, but let me know if you'd like some better quality versions of them. I'm always happy to share useage with the subjects of my pictures.

      Also, I noticed two of the shots are swapped. I'll fix that.

      Delete