Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 36 - Biosphere 2, Jack in the Box, Saguaro National Park (East)

Day 36 - Biosphere 2, Saguaro National Park (East)

Jack in the Box

Right now, a number of you are wondering why I would bother putting Jack in the Box on my blog.  For some, it's because you know what it is.  For others, because you think Jack in the Box is a kid's toy that plays "Pop goes the weasel," then has a clown that pops out of the box to startle the kid.  Sadly, most kids these days probably have no idea what that toy is, and that is not the Jack in the Box I am writing about.

Jack in the Box is a restaurant, specifically, a fast food restaurant chain in 19 states.  I first encountered them in Louisiana, but I have been making much use of McDonald's wifi access and their dollar menu, so I hadn't tried their food until today for lunch.  Considering they are fast food, and focus on burgers, but also have an array of other types of food, including a number of Mexican and Chinese menu items, there's not much for me to say.  They are priced a little higher than the average fast food place (think $7-8 average for a combo - about a buck or two higher than McDonald's and Burger King).

Overall, their food was good - at least the initial choice.  I didn't much care for the southwestern dressing for their side salad (a small premium charge to upgrade from fries).  Assuming consistency, I think it's a decent chain, and they have a number of 24 hour locations, even in small towns.  I'd definitely be willing to eat at one again, but it is a little more expensive than the similar range of food available at other fast food restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment